Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Granny's Quilts of Love

I called up my grandma to see if they needed help serving food, setting up or handing out items at the upcoming auction. Instead, she invited me as 2013 Miss Rodeo of the Ozarks to help draw door prizes!

I attended the 10th Annual Granny's Quilts of Love Auction on Saturday August 24th. This year over 280 baskets of items from local companies was donated and over $16,000.00 was raised! That's a new record. This organization of sweet ladies makes quilts for children at Arkansas Children's Hospital; all of the proceeds to go to purchase the material. These quilts are more than just gifts, they are a representation of hope, home and love for kids who do not always have those three things. 

I spent Saturday evening in my hometown, visiting with old friends and families and of course, making a few new ones!




No comments:

Post a Comment