Monday, September 16, 2013

It's what you leave behind you...

"It ain't what you take when you leave this world behind you. It's what you leave behind you when you go." Randy Travis

I've had two weeks with no rodeos but that doesn't mean the representing stops. I believe that when you have a title that places you in a role model position, you are constantly being observed. One of the most beautiful things about the horse world is introducing other people, especially children, to it. There are few things more special than seeing a kid get excited about horses and begin to ask questions. I am always more than happy to answer them because when I was younger, I had the questions but no one too ask them too. From day to day I hope that I live as a positive representative of rodeo and  teach others about the characteristics that the western way of life embraces. And I aspire to do so, not only when I am at an event but in casual conversations and by introducing others to horses.


This Friday I will be signing autographs at Down & Dirty, an event that is hosted by one of my main sponsors, Rush Springs Ranch. Then Max and I will be headed to Harrison rodeo on Saturday. As of this week, Max has new shoes, floated teeth and we've been working on our queens runs so we are super excited about Harrison. 

See ya at the rodeo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment