Monday, March 3, 2014

Credit where Credit is Due

I am constantly posting about all of the events, rodeos, schools and local volunteer opportunities that I participate in but all to often I forget to mention those that make it possible. Without my sponsors, I literally could not do my job. The duties of a rodeo queen can be overwhelmingly expensive; from chaps and belts to diesel and repairs. My sponsors are so generous and simply inspiring. Their willingness to help me reach my dreams has encouraged me to give back in the same way when I am financially stable and able.

One of my largest supporters is my Farm Credit of Western Arkansas family. After two years of employment and making some of my closest friends there, I cannot be more thankful for their monetary help and overall supportiveness. FCS opened up opportunities and helped me gain experiences that I undoubtedly could not have done otherwise.

I am grateful to Pea Ridge Veterinary Clinic and Arvest Bank of Pea Ridge for their financial support. It is such an honor to recieve support from the community where I grew up; they shaped me into who I am and I am so glad to call Pea Ridge my home town.

Lone Creek Performance Horses has played a HUGE and irreplaceable part by donating my beautiful autograph sheets. I met Davids Edwards at Rodeo of the Ozarks last year and he quickly became my friend. His enthusiastic willingness to help me is such a blessing.

Rush Springs Ranch is another family that I am proud to be a part of; after riding there several summers, I have grown close to the owner and workers. Rush Springs Ranch paid my entry fee for the contest in addition to gave me a horse to use throughout the year. Maximus, my sponsored horse, was not being used and needed some polishing. Owner, Russ Van Elk, quickly offered to sponsor him to me during my rein. Max and I have become quite a team; as I work with him and he has taught me so much.

I have my great friend, Nicole Shelton,  to thank for my awesome photograhpy on my autograph sheets. Nicole Shelton Photography does a great job at making you feel special during your photoshoot and is so such a sweet young lady to work with.

The Rodeo of the Ozarks Board of Directors has quickly become another extension of my family. I have turned to them with any needs and they are quick to meet them. I am overwhelmed by their continued support and willingness to help. 

Various others have supported through monetary contributions for gas to rodeos, trucks to pull my gooseneck and even new tires on my truck. I never dreamed that becoming Miss Rodeo of the Ozarks was a dream I would fulfill and the experience has been a hundred times more rewarding than I imagined.

When looking back over this list. I realized that I repeatedly use the word "family" to describe my networking throughout the year but that is truly what my supporters have become. My family.

No comments:

Post a Comment