Wednesday, November 13, 2013

School is Cool

Schools are one of my favorite places to be... provided of course, that I am a visitor and not attending!



Last week I visited Root Elementary where I was made to feel famous! They advertised for several weeks in advance so several kids came to the book fair just to see me. When I got there, the kiddos kept saying, "Miss Rodeo" is here! I welcomed people to the book fair, signed autographs, took pictures and visited with students and parents. They were all so welcoming and eager to talk, the two hours absolutely flew by! In exchange for my time, they allowed me to choose a couple of books. The books are going to come in handy for future children's reading. Additionally, I am going to be featured in the November Newsletter for Root Elementary!

On Friday, the 8th, I had the great privilege of speaking at the 18th annual Central Junior High Veterans Day ceremony. The ceremony was absolutely breathtaking and truly encompassed the attitude of honoring our military. It consisted of hymns by the choirs, dance routines, speakers, letter readings, posting of the flags and special honors to those attending that are serving and that had served. It was an honor to be asked to speak in the presence of such true heroes. After the ceremony was a reception where I had the opportunity to visit with some of the great men and women who serve our country and enjoy refreshments before heading to class for the day.

This week, I have a bit of break from rodeo queen public appearances. I am spending more time working on establishing my photography skills; so if you know of anyone in need of photos for any occasion, please get in touch!

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment