Sunday, January 12, 2014

Any Day Riding is a Good One

You would think something as simple as planning to meet a friend to ride at an indoor arena would be a leisurely Saturday morning activity. Turns out that even the simplest tasks can be completely complicated. 

I typically use my boyfriend's truck to pull my trailer because there is no way my 1993 F150 is hauling a gooseneck 2 horse slant! Rikki Taylor and I had been planning to ride since the beginning of the week because between snow, ice, rain and below zero weather, our horses had been a bit neglected. Friday at 10pm I found out the truck I typically use had other plans on Saturday morning. So I text Rikki and she offered to come pick me up, problem solved! 

Saturday morning rolls around and I over slept my 6:40 alarm by 20 minutes (possibly from my 5 hour average of sleep per night the past week) but with a little rushing around I would still be ready on time. At 7:30am Rikki calls and says she forgot her saddle! We will be a little late, but no big deal, that gives me a bit longer to get saddled. Of course, it turned out that Rikki had her saddle the entire time. When she got to the house I loaded Max and we rolled out only get on the road and have to take a detour due to a huge road block. We plugged the arena address into our phones but it got us lost on a dirt road! Making a U-Turn in a guys front yard, we back tracked and took a longer route. We still needed to get cash to rent out the arena, so we stopped at Dollar General only to find out, they don't give cash back so we ended up with $2 bottle of water... then went to the ATM in good ole, Cave Springs, AR and it was out of service. So we head to Highfill and use the ATM at a gas station. Third time is the charm, right? Back on the road we missed our turn 3 times because Rikki's truck breaks are going out. After finally arriving an hour after our reservation time... we ended up having a good riding and working on barrels. 

Hoping for much more efficient traveling experiences for the rest of 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment