Friday, January 24, 2014

The Only Thing That Stays The Same Is... Everything Changes!

Not even one month into the near and already so much has began to evolve in 2014. I promise I haven't completely quite my duties as a rodeo queen. I've taken a bit of a "step back" from all of the public appearances and school visits for a bit to get refocused on my own schooling.

This scholastic semester is by far the hardest yet! Every class is going to be a challenge but it will be doable. I am also preparing to take the LSAT on February 8th so I have set aside an hour a day to study which gets to be time consuming between school, work, riding, working out and class work! The LSAT determines whether or not I get into law school; it also costs $165 to take... so I am aiming to pass it on my first attempt!

After February 8th; I will resume school visits and some other very exciting events! Another changing factor is my occupation. Due to my midday, rigorous classes I was unable to continue working for Farm Credit. After sadly leaving that family, I quickly gained the opportunity to work more with my other second family at the Parsons Stadium office. I absolutely love going to work everyday and being a part of helping in the office, preparing for events and handling marketing and social media aspects.


Now, enough of my personal, life... I just thought I'd offer a bit of an excuse for my lack of queening-ness! On Martin Luther King Jr Day, the University of Arkansas did not have classes so I decided to do some volunteering. We (Shiloh & I) started at the Fayetteville Animal Shelter, where I took photos of dogs and cats for the shelter's web page. You can see some of the pictures on my photography page: KP Photography. I'll be sure to post a link. Maybe you need a new furry friend. I found out that it's not a good idea to where queen clothes while doing this (I thought I was saving myself from having to change clothes before our next stop). In one pen, I dog literally jumped into my hair and knocked off my hat. I'm sure I was quite the sight! After spending several hours photographing and playing with other dogs... I got back into the truck with one very resentful dog of my own. One would have thought that I had traded Shiloh in because he wouldn't even look at me!


But I was soon forgiven when he began to get all of the attention at the Shiloh Nursing & Rehab center. We spent several hours visiting with the residents. Shiloh was by far the star of the show!



No comments:

Post a Comment