Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year, New Dreams

2013 was a year of some pretty huge changes. I transferred colleges. I became Miss Rodeo of the Ozarks, which is a huge milestone. I met a man who changed my life. I was sponsored a horse that has become my other half. I’ve changed jobs and changed back jobs. I began photography. I’ve been through family trials that are close to indescribable. Every time the roller coaster called Life seemed to bring me to lowest point, God pushed the cart back up and brought me back to the highest hill.

2013 was a crazy one but the year has shaped a bright future and changed my perspective on a lot of things. It made me decide to become an Agricultural attorney. Go big or go home. Right? It also made me decide to run for Miss Rodeo Arkansas.

Several years ago I would not have imagined myself in the boots that I am today. I didn’t have the opportunity to grow up on the back of a horse like most rodeo queens. But I have had the opportunity to grow up in a family of discipline. I want to overcome the stereotypes. I want to prove that if you have a dream; you can reach it with hard work and determination.

 I am a typical small town girl from a middle class dysfunctional family and divorced parents. I drive an old ’93 Ford. I am 5’2” on a good day, which makes mounting tall horses a workout. I have freckles that I can’t stand. I am average but I have a dream. It is my goal to be an example for children and a role model to those who don’t have one. I want to make kids realize their own dream and to have the opportunity to share a sport that I have fallen in love with. Rodeo has shaped me into who I am and I dream of the chance to share it with others.

In 2014 I plan to run for Miss Rodeo Arkansas. With past queens like Kirbi Allen, Shana Carter, Jessica Chitwood and Dilynn Dodd I have some big shoes to fill. But it is ladies like them who have inspired me. My work will be cut out for me because it is a big commitment. I will be riding every chance I get and learning every moment I can.


“Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart.” May 2014 be a year of reaching your dreams!


No comments:

Post a Comment